Avoid all fish hooks!

Monday, December 4, 2006

Me and Billy Joel Had to Be the Big Shot

Leila came home this morning and I met her at the door, looking like Hell. I do not think a 51 year old woman is supposed to consume so much red and white wine on a Sunday night. But I had fun for a little while. I also had a breakthrough in the novel. Things are purring along. For some reason, I keep hearing people on tv talking about holding on to your dreams. Leila and I watched Roseanne's final show and it made us both bawl! I love the quote at the end that says dreamers who work during the day see their dreams with their eyes wide open. I really butcher the quote from Lawrence of Arabia, but it charges me up everytime.

I see that I only have one contributor so far and it makes me a little of small faith. I want to stomp my feet and demand that someone pledge. But that would be missing the point, now wouldn't it? The point is to let go and trust. Stay in the present, keep working (sans wine, preferably) and trust.

I shall. And now unlike Lawrence of Arabia, this tired woman is taking herself and her dreams to bed. Right now.

Peace.

No comments: