Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

To Travel to Eckerds or the Corner Store?

Oh I'm having such a chocolate attack! It's chilly outside, but I think I may have to venture out for something. The spirit is willing and the flesh is weak but it can slide some jeans on for phish food! This morning I awoke and had such a rush of happiness that I had the entire day to write on the novel. I fed the cats and then remembered I had snubbed a colleague two nights before after my Billy Joel extravaganza with the blanco y rojo vino the other night. So I called her to apologize and an hour and a half later my ear was fried. That woman can talk and that's a lot coming from this woman! So then I put some money into Sarah's account and with notebook in hand slid into Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and Bowtie. Aye - it will be my downfall for it is supposed to be the only sweet for the day I have when I have it but now look I'm licking my chops for chocolate. Aye. That and listening to NY1's Inside City Hall, I am turning nervous. Hate when that happens. Things are so utterly good and getting better and then here comes the creeping, "but what if?" I must learn to let go of that. Do my best and then let go and be happy. Coming from a lifetime and heritage of worriers, I am going to break the cycle. I am also going out for that chocolate, but it will be to celebrate for as I sat at Dunkin Donuts this morning the novel's structure came down from the heavens to my pen and I couldn't go fast enough, but yet there was a smoothness, a harmony that was like butter. So I know where I can go now and I shall. I shall go where I choose. And I choose chocolate and the direction of this novel. I also signed up to write free column articles for a chain of newspapers in California. Shoot yah! I see this as a way of getting better at being a columnist and actually having some clips when I ship my shiny work off to Creative Syndicate. I also heard of a thing called Teleclasses and I'm thinking perhaps I could develop a class and if anyone wants to take it, make a small donation to my Novel Idea. My mom keeps asking me about the novel. It makes me happy to know she holds some hope in my first book. Life is good. I hope it is so for you. Don't worry. Hell, be happy. And eat lots of chocolate.

No comments: