Avoid all fish hooks!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Drop in, Drop Out

"I think of fiction as a controlled hallucination." - Russell Banks

This quote charges me up everytime. A child of the 60's, 70's, I get it, Russell. It can be while brushing the teeth or watching the wash cycle go 'round, and 'round, and 'round, and then boom! like the sweetest acid trip, I'm back into the story. "Write it like this," the voice tells me, and I listen. Finally a movie opens up in my head and unwinds the old way, from one reel to another, and tells my story. Made up and smacking of life, I, on a hallucinagenic trip, tell my story. And best of all, I can still order a slice and throw the loads into the dryer and not feel like the sky indeed is falling. Bring it on if it is, I am writing, again.

No comments: