Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Forward with Pen in Hand

Yesterday was awesome. I had to slip out of the apartment to put money into Sarah's account and then - with notebook on hand - went to The Fall Cafe, a great little place where the coffee is overpriced, the guys smell a little schmarmy or it's a dishrag gone bad, but they leave you alone and let you write all day and into the night if you want. I love it. I slid my way through another three chapters of the novel. I will go back and plump them up once the rough draft is finished, but those babies already can hold their own. I am loving this.

So I realized yesterday that I must plan all chores in the morning so as to get my bum out of the building and to write out in the great unknown. When I'm at home, other things distract me especially that good looking Judge Alex. He's not that lovely and this book is what excites me! So I am brushing through my newly washed hair and headed out.

I wrote an essay I'm quite proud of and sent it off to my hometown paper and Texas Monthly since it's regionally related. If I don't hear from them, I'm going to send it to NY papers and try my hand as it is talking about both places.

My girl's birthday is one month from today. Happy Pre-Birthday, Leila Sandra Wolford. Thank you for bringing life to your father and me. Thank you for - on our worst days - realizing - as with the birth of your sister - we have created and passed on the best we have to offer. You represent that. Every day with Leila is sweeter than the day before.

Spring!

No comments: