Avoid all fish hooks!

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happenings

I'm one of the lucky ones. If you live in NY and your children grow into young adults and choose to stay in the City then you are one of the lucky ones, too: Your kids crash now and then at your pad.

I love it.

Sarah is home for the summer and I see Leila when she's not working or out and about. Let's be real: NY rents are stooopid. Why not dogpile in one apartment. My goal is to ride this wave until one or both are rent stabilized and can run with this place while I run around.

Role reversal methinks.

I have four weeks left of teaching and then on to my purpose. I have thoroughly enjoyed aspects of it, mainly being inspiring and being inspired by the students. All of this has condensed into creative works that as my brother, Steve said last night, I do not even know the works I am about to do.

I am ready.

People at school look at me like I am a ghost and I look back at them in the same way. I'm already gone. There is a peace about me that comes with ferocity. I have found my dharma and shall never lose sight of it again.

And I have a summer with Leila and Sarah. This time, though, throughout summer, they will be shaking their heads and saying, "Where is that old woman?"

Peace.

No comments: