Avoid all fish hooks!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hot Sauce and Beer

It's high noon in the East and I'm on my lunch break. Yep, I work on Sunday. My new line of work affords me no time off except for lunch, dinner, and some sleep. I'm listening to Bon Jovi on MTV Unwrapped as I type this to you. What a treat. I remember a colleague from UTEP who loved them. She is from Jersey, too. I often think of her when I hear them.

"It's My Life."

I've discovered a method to writing. I have a bag of tea candles. I figured it out: One candle lasts about three hours. So if I light two a day, I put in six hours of work. And so on. Today it's a three candle day.

I'm eating a quesadilla and the Chinese hot sauce and thick slices of onion make it pop. I'm drinking a diet A & W.

Reminds me of Dad taking us to the A & W on Trowbridge Drive in El Paso, and how good the root beer tasted. On lean days, he'd buy one burger to keep us looking like paying customers, slice it up six ways, yes he'd ask the server to do that, and even then, when we were young, we knew that was hilarious and rich.

I sip that root beer today.

No comments: