Avoid all fish hooks!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting Back, Reaching for the Back Channel








"I have no particular spiritual insights, but I think every writer who does this on a daily basis has a 'back channel' to the subconscious that can be accessed pretty easily. Mine is wide and deep....I sense strongly that this world is a thin place indeed, simply a veil over a brighter and more amazing truth." -- Stephen King from The WD Interview with Jerry B. Jenkins and himself, Writer's Digest, May/June 2009


Forgive me, Swimming Free. Five months away from you to the day is TOO long. What happens to us to allow us to disengage, leave what we love?

Yesterday I was at Barnes and Noble with my older daughter, Leila, and as we sat in the cafe reading, I gripped the latest copy of Writer's Digest and realized it was now or never to begin again, as I have again and again.

And again.

Honor, baby steps, faith, and integrity to selfishly embrace this moment in front of me and I humbly accept.

Unforeseen nets got me, but now, once again, I am swimming free.

No comments: