Avoid all fish hooks!

Monday, November 1, 2010

"No Negative Waves"

Realized once in bed that I had forgotten to post on Halloween. So, if I may, I will put it down here and post again at some point today.

But what I realized last night was that writing MUST be an organic process marked with discipline and passion, showing up for the tea date as Alice Walker does, and showing up every day, even during the holidays, etc., as Stephen King does. And, finally, to realize that writing a book is done in "snatches" of time, written on pieces of paper while going through one's day as Doreen Virtue states.

But it must be done organically, naturally. You see, each time, I've sat down to write, I have noticed myself freezing up, going into full blown "perfectionist" mode, triggered simply by me trying to create something from nothing. So today, I officially forgive myself, and let go of it all, and ask my Higher Self to help me to move forward and to relax into this glorious profession.

This weekend on the train ride to the Bronx, I mapped out my storyline to Joseph Campbell's The Hero's Journey, and it made me smile. By doing this, I choose stories about my mother and me, individually and together that I may not have used, but by following this incredible roadmap, I understood my journey that much better, and the passion of my story did not wane. I did not become bored with it. Big point.

Today, I am home until I teach ESL tonight, so I am going organically to begin. No pressure, no expectations, no discouragement, no negative talk. Just the keyboard and my heart and my Higher Self. And my mother's nods of approval seen in my Third Eye.

No comments: