Avoid all fish hooks!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

It is 12:26 am, New Year's Day. I've made it to 2007. Tonight I think of those who are on another plane: Dennis, Dad, Ed, and on and on. Milly, Violet, and Shirley. I pay them tribute even though they don't need it. Even Saddam is in a better place; this is the place to set out one's purpose. Going over yonder the skipping treat when it's all said and done. I feel like tonight is a new beginning for me. I am in a weird, wonderful place. I am totally alone. Well, that's not the first and surely will not be the last. I am in a surer place. I feel the power of the pen coming through me. I pant for big stretches of alone time. For now, it will be in the late of the evening or early morning, or a bit of a Saturday or Sunday, late Friday night. I have transcended that feeling of belonging and so I completely belong. My needs are met; my responsibilities coming near completion; my moment of accomplishment right in front of me.

I accept. Into the first hour of the new year, I accept.

No comments: