Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Satay and Storyline

A chapter came out and fell down onto the page like a ripe piece of fruit, a peach if you will. I just wasn't feeling the computer and so with my new notebook, I gingerly sat onto the futon demanding that my eyes not roam over to the remote and forget my purpose!

I took the notebook and just let myself relax and then miracle of miracles! out came a sentence "and it was good" and then another, and another and six pages later, I realized: I have finished material that IS a chapter. All the loose ends began to tie up into this chapter and I was on my way!

The storyline is making itself pretty clear to me, however the fun, I am realizing is not knowing it verbatim. This chapter showed me I was well on my way with the characters and while still in the dark understand! I understand the main idea, as I drone on constantly preaching to my students.

The main idea, the structure, the skeleton of this work is planted. And all the other thoughts and 37 pages of notes will fit in, like a puzzle. Everytime I have a recurring dream of tending a baby through tumbles and near spills, and crazy color scenarios, I know the baby is my story and I will not let go! Most recently I saw the face! a dear, sweet face with red, red lips.

Leila called and invited me to eat at one of our favorite places: Faan, an Asian Fusion restaurant that blows your top off. I went and the whole evening felt celebratory. Another day of jubilation! Yesterday, since it is Restaurant Week in NY, she treated me to Japanese food at Nobu in Tribeca! Then we went to Donut Plant on the Lower East Side before I went on to teach at school.

Okay, all these things, it just has been divine and I am grateful. Thankful and grateful. Thank you.

1 comment:

Eben Reilly said...

Sheela, sounds like a divine day.
May you have many!