Avoid all fish hooks!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Espres - so yourself

Chapters two and three dropped down yesterday as I rested before going to class. I didn't sleep much Wednesday night and was feeling really off center (it went into the night and a few attendance abusing students almost got my total wrath but I turned and instead lectured them to death) so I laid down for a few minutes, closed my eyes and in silence here came the two chapters, one already written and what I previously anticipated as the beginning, is now the second chunk. The third, a new revelation and one I need to write today or Sunday during my peace and silence without any sight of school.

I'm not going to talk about the content for I believe in my gut the method Stephen King uses while writing and that is not to mention the book at all until the first draft is finished and after his ideal reader (his wife) has read it, commented and the second draft from Stephen's eyes finished and sent to his editor and publisher.

Off to a full day of classes in frigid, frigid temperatures. It's pay day. I think I'll be forfeiting a few greenbacks to cash it (our school does not have direct deposit!) next door at the ratty Check Cashing place rather than running around outside for too long. I'm going to hole up in my school for 12 hours. I'm giving the first round of finals so I can sit there and grade another class as the one in front of me writes. Just the way I like it. Getting paid to grade.

I'm going to drink a little espresso and jolt myself awake and get on with this day, ideas already breaking into my World.

Whatever is in you and what you want to do in life, do it now.

No comments: