Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Getting Bigger

My hopes in working for the next four months free and clear of the classroom didn't work out. But that's okay. I know there are no mistakes. Probably, this will be my best semester ever. I'm going to return the money graciously given to me through my campaign and carry on. Chris, who sweetly gave me $50, for him I am going to buy as many of his cds as I can with his money and return it to him that way and then have Holiday gifts ready to put away. I plan to be ready for the Holiday season of 07, by golly! To my daughter, Leila, who kindly gave me $200, I will simply place it back into her bank account. She will say, "no" but she is young and growing her business and her faith is what propels me.

I have begun to see the ways in which to use my talents to their fullest. I have signed up with a freelance network that is affordable and looks very enticing and profitable. I receive emails from Georgeanne who sends "an article a day" advice and man, is it just what I need! I am currently working on six articles at once, all that I am interested in and methodically able to construct. I signed up for a two-week free trial to learn about stocks and trading with that madman Jim Cramer. I like his passion and after showing my classes "The Pursuit of Happyness" eight (8) times! realized that I, too, am intrigued by the Stock Market and want to be "happy" like the rest of the money generating people of this World. I choose to do it ethically, and think I will go with PAX, who another teacher told me about.

Things are looking up.

I'm headed into school to snatch up my W-2 and see what Uncle Sam might let me keep. It will pay the bills and rent.

I am thankful.

Last but not least, back to my next semester. My syllabi for Comp I and II are coming together organically. I have been a teacher at this school for two and a half years and all the experimenting, listening to other teachers, and failures are leading me to a crystalline format. As I said, I think it will be my best semester ever.

The novel will continue to be written, as well. It is a part of me now. I am pregnant with book.

Peace and love.

No comments: