Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, March 8, 2007

While My Grading Pen Gently Weeps

Well, survived two of the coldest days of the winter. Good-bye winter, hello spring. I was moaning about not having enough winter and then came Tuesday and Wednesday. Done. Now I'm ready to seek out bulbs and geraniums and start fighting with the squirrels who dine on my fire escape, now for ten spring and summers. Buggers.

Have been horribly NOT writing for the past two weeks. Hmmm...let's see, school started up. I must find a routine. I will not lie. I have been depressed since school started up. I am scouring the Internet for grants. I have enough of my novel written to put it out there. Hell, who am I kidding? I am a workhorse who can't seem to find the hole in the net in order to swim out to my own reality. I will not give up. I'm a good Mom. I've provided and I will provide for this latest baby: this novel. I will. And I know the universe and forces are working to fulfill this wish. I see it coming.

I watch my daughters' careers develop and I am so proud of them, and I'm also proud of me, I have been there, rooting, supporting, and trying my best to give them a clear runway to whatever they want to pursue. Money's always been an issue. Hell, my credit sucks, but I will fix these things, and still we progress.

The haters try to pull us down, but we go on. For me, it's just to keep going. Keep paying rent, the bills, make sure my college gal has everything she needs to keep on, and my fashion stylist, to stay out of her way, so she can fly!

Fly everyone.

Fly!

No comments: