Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day Old Coffee and Thou

Awoke this morning thinking it was Thursday and that meant only three more days till freedom! I got up, realized it was Wednesday, and still I felt good. My Brooklyn classes are a breeze and only three more days of those, one in Manhattan. My students are excited and upset with me. They keep asking me if I am going to teach in the Fall? I gulp and tell them to continue their education without considering me. I don't want to voice what they want to hear for the Universe will assume that's what I want....and what I want is to awake as this morning knowing I am free! My job is that of writing and that is what I wish to do here on out. So I awoke feeling great and with enormous promise.

I am staring at a mountain of dishes and it is my turn to do them, so I will do that and do it with a glad heart. Leila comes home tonight to put her room together with the new storage bins and garment closet. Here in NYC closets are a luxury. We have ONE in our apartment and I am constantly rethinking it. It is in Sarah's room and it has these clunky wooden doors that are always falling off the runner. I have the shelf stacked high with those space bags holding our blankets, stuffed animals, and winter clothing. But there is always clutter cleaning and organizing to be done.

For now, it's dishes and thinking about the novel and my column.

I've been saying this a lot lately but it's true:

Life is good.

No comments: