Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Fields of Gold"

The Reading was the bomb. At least 80 students and teachers showed up. Admin gave us a mountain of pizzas and sodas. One of my students was the "host" and I could not have done it without him. Once I passed it to him, the show ran like fire. He was great; the students read from the heart and revealed the power of their voices. They proved once again that they are "the salt of the earth." Another student of mine came in his security uniform and no one, I mean no one would mess with him or the climate of the event. And finally another student dressed in a suit and served as manager. I sat there and beamed.

It was beautiful.

I left and rode the train home, "Fields of Gold" playing on my ipod. What I'm telling you now is slight compared to the night. I will try to lay it down later or you can read it in my book of essays.

It fuckin' rocked.

No comments: