Avoid all fish hooks!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ruby Tuesday

Back in the Fall of 2004 as I was leaving the Time Life site of Literacy Partners, I walked out with Anna, a site supervisor. She told me I had inspired her in my latest step out of my shadow work and closer to my real profession as writer. "I used to want to write as a journalist," Anna said, "and somehow I've gotten here, but I'm going to regroup and get back to it."

Today, Anna takes her lunchpail and goes back to school to learn broadcast and print journalism to a finer degree as she steps into the shoes of a CUNY grad student.

Go, Anna.

Now I tell her I have to run to catch up with her.

Last night I started going through my journals shortly before the sabbatical to now. I am looking for patterns, connections. Investigating Sheela. Interesting. I speak about being disconnected so much in my pre-sabbatical. I still know I am floundering, but here in the sabbatical I have the blessed time to swim stronger, search, seek, and do the breast stroke to the current I have been sadly watching go by as I have held onto the side.

If you're stuck, swim free. The simple, tiny, what seem like meager movements will direct you (as you direct you) to the stream of life, of understanding.

Let you determine you, not events, people, loves or lost loves. What you came to Earth for, continue.

No comments: