Avoid all fish hooks!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Time to Plant New Seeds


Wow. I thought I was really taking this September 11th rather well. I always have mixed emotions since it's also my niece's Mom's birthday, too, and it just seems hard for her to see the whole Nation mourning when she's happy for her Mom. So I try to keep it all in perspective. That was until I went up on my roof and saw the twin lights in honor of those gone now six years. Sylvia Browne would say those departed are on The Other Side and happy. They probably wish we'd stop and get on with life. We will join them someday, as it is. Perhaps I'm being cynical, but today I also thought of all the people who had died from poor healthcare, not enough food, no one having their back when the wolf was at the door and I just said, "enough." National tragedy, yes, but it's also an everyday occurrence how huge groups of populations are ignored.

I do think it's commendable that this tragic day is being used to begin large community service actions. Good. That must make the precious ones killed six years ago feel happy, too. I think that is the point. We all have just a window of opportunity here on Earth. This day is a great reminder to do something so that when you are gone, you will know you did something to gave back.

Tears aren't enough.

Happy Birthday Josie.

Many more.

No comments: