Avoid all fish hooks!

Monday, November 5, 2007

The Mystery


I am so tired tonight but just can't go to bed yet. I watched Charlie Rose interview Jerry Seinfeld; Tavis Smiley talk with Valerie Plame Wilson, and then flipped the channel to hear Dwight Yoakum talk about Buck Owens and get teared up. I love it. Two of the three shows were on public broadcasting. I wish every channel was as forthright and strong.

If you think what you are doing, what your passion is, what you were born to do isn't enough, isn't worth stepping into the fire, think again. I've been thinking about it all night as I watched these shows and then finally the last one, Garth Brooks. Each person interviewed spoke of loving what they did and loving the process, act, creation. I watched these folks who are courageous enough to try. And I knew then I was on the right track to step into the fire, to feel my feet simmering.

I read Marianne Williamson today, too. She spoke of the magic being all around us.

I'm humbled and inspired.

As I go into this I find I love my daughters more than ever. I hope they know this. This action incites my surrender to love. Maybe I can sleep now. I have much to do tomorrow. "Look. It's already here."

No comments: