Avoid all fish hooks!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Missing Mama

This post is hard to write. About a month ago, I would have told you how grand this day would be, but now, now that it is here, it is not. But I know it soon will be okay. On Feb. 28, my mother had a stroke. A bad stroke, and on April 13, she crossed over, me holding her hand, and watching her pulse stop. My sister was there, too, and we helped our mother fly away. I was her hospice caregiver. I am still catching up on major lost sleep. Today I am home from my tutoring gig. I finally ran out of steam. My sister is very third eye wide open and has heard from my mom that she is happy and no longer a prisoner in her body. My nephew dreamt they were walking and his Nanny was skipping. Last night I laid in bed (on my back which my sister says show I am open to receive) and waited, asked my mother to communicate with me.

I miss her very much.

This is all I can write for now. More to come as I heal. It was a beautiful, exhausting process and time.

It changed my life.

Dedicated to Nancy Lee Hastings

No comments: