Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you will start having positive results." - Willie Nelson

I've been waking up lately, dreading the day. And then I have to think: I have manifested a great situation with work I am good at and enjoy, and a schedule that is mine, flexible, and profitable. So why the gloom?

That's when I realized I was in a rut of negative thought. And just as the person at the Lottery counter, giving out his or her numbers to the clerk, I am just playing by chance if I think something magical is going to come to me to change my thinking.

I am the only one who can change my thinking.

A windfall of money or the perfect job is not going to do that.

I am responsible for my happiness - under all circumstances.

So now, when I awake, I remember that and pull my thoughts together and view them, dissect them, discard them, and inject them with affirmations and prayer.

Routine, routine, routine. It's not just for goalsetting, housekeeping, relationships, or parenting. It is to stalk your thoughts, and to weed out the negative, destructive, self sabotaging behavior which surely will hold us back.

Meditation, sitting quietly and letting your inner dialogue run its battery down, is the best way to get centered and to allow your soul to activate the love that you are and always will be. It never leaves you, just gets smothered under human behavior and rigid ruts of ingrained defeating thoughts.

That's why it hit me that for all my work on having a positive attitude, I won't until I really replace the ground in negative ones rooted in my personality. So I am working on that. When I wake up now, I remember such, to work on that, and it starts my day in a good flow. Ignoring it will only make it grow.  And it'll show on my face all day.

Wholeness is a wide awake, present moment, 360 degree view, 24/7.

Dedicated to my mother, Nancy, who loves this song.

No comments: