Avoid all fish hooks!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let it be Written: I have it ALL

On our way to Outhouse Orchards.

Oops, I missed Saturday. Two days into my new regiment, and I messed up....but hear me out! I went apple picking with my beautiful grown daughters! We went up into Westchester County to Croton Falls or as Leila described it, "Crouton Falls." We got on an 11 am train and we started out fussing with each other, and then it became me just staring out, looking for autumn wherever I could find it. And I found it.

And in the middle of it, we relaxed and let the strangulation of life ride away on the hayride we decided not to go on. But we did laugh over the fact that I couldn't hoist myself onto a bale of hay or snatch an apple out of the tree without a few tries. I watched Sarah who is 6'1" pick up her sister to better pluck down an apple with the pole. I chased the roosters and chickens even though I wasn't supposed to, and Leila insisted we take a picture of her plunked down in the middle of the pumpkins. And we drank apple cider while sitting on the Metro North platform waiting for the train back to the City, as we listened to Drake from Leila's ipod. It was a good day.

 A bouquet of love
"I miss you guys," texted Leila an hour later. "We miss you, too," I texted back.

I will return to the writing tomorrow as today I've got a cold and am still visiting with Sarah who will leave for Boston tomorrow.

So I know you'll  forgive me. I'll double up tomorrow. Today, I'm way ahead.

No comments: