Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Waking Up to My Potential

Bloom whenever and wherever you can.
Feeling tired today. Didn't sleep well and woke up this morning at 6:30 only to grab a pillow and my comforter and head to the couch where I slept off and on until 9:30. Today, I'm going to Flushing, Queens for my memoir workshop and individual consultation and interview with one of the residents there. But this morning, while still asleep and in the living room, I was writing in my head; words spilling out with me tapped into my consciousness.

So this tells me to get on it and truly get to bed at a decent hour and/or develop more discipline. The good news? I'm able to tap in more and more. My ability and determination; my voice is emerging and in a strong way. Every day is a process and the more I consistently swim in my waters of choice, the more my muscles will strengthen and develop.

I'm going to a Birthday party tomorrow night and the birthday girl, Lauren, has invited us to join her celebration by participating in a Talent Show. So I'm going to read something I've written. I wrote a poem yesterday and at the time was sure it was what I wanted to read. Now I don't know. This morning I had a variety of pieces to offer, but they have returned to the field of pure potentiality. Again, the good news..."There's more where that came from!"

And the way I will receive it into this realm is through my supple willingness to be ready at all times. Neil Young says he leaves anywhere he's at, whatever he's doing to go and write down a lyric that comes to him.   Shyness, laziness, tiredness be gone. I'm a shakin' my tail feathers.


No comments: