Avoid all fish hooks!

Friday, November 5, 2010

A Play Doh Day of Discoveries

My thoughts create my life.
This morning I woke up wondering just how was I going to get my life on a path that was fun, productive, lucrative, and creative? I've been working on this since 2007. Now things are more stable and I can stomach my three sources of income, yet I know I am not there, yet. I'm working six days a week, and my one day off - Friday - goes way too fast. I want more.

I didn't even make coffee this morning. I asked the Angels to help me figure this out. And then I turned on my laptop because let's face it: I'm addicted to Facebook. But before logging on, I went to my Yahoo account and saw an email notice of a teleseminar featuring Bob Proctor of  BobProctor.com hosted by :Lisa Garr of TheAwareShow.com. Now, remember, I had just asked the Angels to help me identify my next move. I felt the nudge to listen. I clicked on and listened.

Of course it was just what I needed to hear. I felt excitement run through me as I hurriedly reached for my notebook.  Here is what Bob said:

1. Find a quiet place and clear your mind. Dedicate a half hour every day for 30 days. Ask: What do I really want? Take the time to decide what is wanted.

2. Write it out. Be as specific as possible. Our wants come from the essence of what we are.  Ask: Why do I want to do it? Give clear, specific directions. And then write, "I am so happy and grateful now that..." and begin to think and write about what you want NOW and how it is here right now.

3. Writing causes thinking and thinking creates an image.  Also, by doing this, you are moving to a different frequency and the image is on the screen of your mind.  You are moving your mind onto a higher frequency and thoughts flow into your mind with ideas on how to get to where you want. Image changes vibration and action ensues.

4. Now, as you chart your way, keep asking yourself, "Does doing this serve me?" If it doesn't, change; if it does, continue on with the joy in doing what you love.

5. Be specific. Remember: The Universe doesn't think. It just accepts images and moves it into form.

6. Willingly give and gratefully receive. And don't see it as a trade.

You have the power. I have the power. As I went about my day of chores, I asked myself these questions and after quietly sitting for 30 minutes, I knew - what has been tugging at me for weeks -  how I want to serve and here it is:

columnist
novelist
non fiction writer
speaker, and workshop facilitator. 

Three years ago I wasn't at the level I am now, and I wasted my precious alone time biting my nails and searching Craigslist for gigs, and afraid of what everyone was thinking of the girl who'd apparently lost her mind.  Now I am stronger, more refined and astute in my joy. I also want to be a speaker, and to give workshops in order to have a connection, and to participate,  not every day as in a classroom, but as a way to interact with people, something I am learning to truly enjoy as facilitator.

I learned a lot today.Oh, also I learned that we are never fearless, but if we are courageous we can create and make what we don't know how to invent. That is the secret. That is our birthright. Lastly, expect to be scared and to try to wiggle back to your comfort zone. You'll be bored and miserable, but right in step with millions. I choose to stay with the discomfort; it's never felt so right.

No comments: