Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Look for the Hole in the Net of Your Thinking, and Swim Free!

"Space and time are like a net that has trapped you, but nets always have holes.
Find such a hole and jump through it."  - Deepak Chopra
It is my intention in this blog of six years to write about ways and acts of "Swimming Free". And it has proven to be such a process in patience, wisdom, humility, worth, value, strength, surrender, gifts, and grit.

Three days ago after returning to NYC from Boston where my older daughter, Leila, and I visited with my younger daughter, Sarah, I stayed at Leila's apartment overnight. Leila handed me a book by Danielle LaPorte, The Fire Starter Sessions, and as I flipped through, I read a page or two and immediately realized Danielle's kindred voice inside me. I knew this book, this woman and her courage would guide me to my next ledge of fearlessness, too.

And she has.

Today I changed my Facebook page from Workshops by Wolford to: Sheela Wolford, writer, poet, photographer, and spiritual healer. I still own and love WbW, but I know I totally have the cart before the horse in several areas. You see, the energy that swirls in me, that is me, must be fully charged and functioning in order to live a whole, maniacally incomplete, yet realized life.

It never has to be perfect and complete, yet it must be actualized. It must be clicking inside me. And all the posturing, smiling, inventing, and wishing won't make it happen unless I bear witness to it.

The minute I changed my header of my page, I felt the click.

In that order.

Sigh of relief.

Who are you?
What parts make up your whole?
What parts of you are living in the shadow? 


Answering those three questions will set you on the trail of a lifetime.

Get those hiking boots on and let's go!

For decades and especially as a young girl I was told to "toughen up" and to stop being so sensitive. Now I know my knowledge and inheritance is sensing who I am and oh my goodness, letting that rise to the surface is everything! I feel it inside; the wheels churning, the purring of purpose.I've loosened the knot that is holding me back. I've stopped caring what others think of me and what I am putting out there. Check out Danielle LaPorte's link on the Sexiness of Transparency.

As soon as I changed my Facebook heading, a friend wrote and privately advised me to rethink all the tags. When we concluded the discussion, he said to let the forces out and then to go back to being the seeker. But my point is that all these gifts make me the seeker I am in this lifetime, and why I returned here to evolve and who has been BEING all along!  Me asleep or unannounced due to believing I'm too shy, too unworthy, too afraid is holding me tied up in that knot of despair and failure.

Energetically this is who I am and the more I sing it, the more it produces and provides. It is my service. Brava to me. I'm swimming free, once again. The ache in my arms tells me to swim more. The shore is temporary and never my friend.

Dedicated to my mother and all women and men, searching, wringing their hands, wondering, when?

Sheela Wolford is a writer, poet, photographer, and spiritual healer, dedicated by her favorite lyric by the Georgia Satellites: "I don't want to die asking for a second chance." Another lifetime will roll around, but this one smacks of NOW. And she is ready to provide and to produce what rides in her, energetically free and colossal. She is writing The Year of the Brown adidas Running Shoes, as well as Cliffhanger, a play about her relationship with her mother, a colorful and grounding grief journal, and a poetry and photography collection. In November, she will train to become a Reiki practitioner in the NYC tri-state area. As always, Sheela is ready to write and to lead a workshop customized for whatever is needed. You can contact her at wolfordfindyourvoice@gmail.com or go to  Workshops by Wolford and please feel free to "like" her on Facebook.








No comments: