Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, January 4, 2007

It Makes Sense Once You Touch on It

Woke up to a stunning sunrise. The East produces some killers. What we late sleepers miss in the early morning. Leila was up and preparing for her second day as a real live fashion stylist. Her days of assisting are paying off. She is loved where she works and I am thankful for her. She inspires me to protect my dream, too. The girl had big courage to say she wasn't feeling college and to come home. EVERYONE except me (no brag just fact) told her she was making a big mistake. Now she's doing what she loves and making a decent penny at it, too.

My friend, Anna, slipped her CUNY graduate school application into the mail yesterday. She took a picture of the package and it gave me such a warm feeling. We borrowed glue from the Post Office to seal the envelope. Nothing could be overlooked; this was her future we were dealing with and she will be accepted and change the world, I just know it. Once she is given all the tools she needs, she will report on major grievances going on in the Globe. I am thankful for Anna. She inspires me to protect my dream, too.

If you haven't seen "The Pursuit of Happyness" yet, I urge you to see it or get it on DVD. Chris Gardner went through hell to protect his dream and his little son went through the gates of Hell with him, but they were happy in the madness; in the maze of what it takes to get to the other side. We all can get to the other side; it's up to us. I realized while seeing this movie for the third time that each of us has a divine purpose, one that will charge us up everyday if we touch on it, but the reality is we are either weak or strong. The strong ones hold on, endure all the wickedness, torture, and angst that comes in the process. The weak ones see the sweet prize but they let go because they do not love it enough and do not have the will to protect it.

I want to be a strong one. I will protect it. Let me back up. Until you find your purpose you don't know what to protect. I have floundered for decades. Yes, I worked everyday; got two degrees; raised two wonderful daughters; but in my purpose I was always on the outskirts. Until I learned about my desire to write novels. Like a bolt of lightning I feel the energy that was never quite in me until about six years ago when I KNEW I wanted to work in solitude, but it wasn't until the idea of writing a novel was thrown at me and I caught it! Now everything is working together. I'm a better Mom, teacher, and most of all protector of my dream.

The sunrise tells me to get up. It says it will not be much longer before I rise to write, read, and produce on a regular basis. I am not a young woman anymore, but I know who I am and what I am supposed to do the rest of my days. I rise up like that beautiful morning sun.

No comments: