Avoid all fish hooks!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Titanic This

IRS just flew in and took twelve hundred of my dollars. Just took it. I looked at my bank account online and knew I had officially entered my own version of "The Pursuit of Happyness." I'm up for it. Now I am. Been depressed for the past two days but damn the torpedos this is my moment and anyone who wants to stop me had better move out the way!

Sheela's back in town.

I received a scholarship to attend a three-day retreat in the Rockies, airfare not included. I looked it up and the retreat is less expensive than the roundtrip flight, so with a sigh, I have to email the wonderful retreat leaders and say I can't come. They'll give the scholarship to the next person who really, really wants and needs it. I'm on my way. I've got this apartment quiet and all mine every day this summer, so sheeeeet, it'd take more than that to hurt me.

I've always worked best under pressure and sat on my laurels when fat times abounded.

So here I go. Back to the Blue Whale. Time to start keying in the second draft of the novel, too, and ignoring the pressing issues. If I stop giving attention to what I don't have, my life will smooth out and I will have what I need.

Sheela feels all grown up.

Now to fix my broken bone density scanner and land the job I've been interning for since '92.

Peace.

No comments: