Avoid all fish hooks!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Yay...I can add photos, not so boring now



This is a photo I used for my Memoir Workshop in Brooklyn. It was taken in 1988 in Texas and I was newly divorced, back in school and also living with my folks, my sister and her son, who was the same age as my older girl. My nephew must have taken the photo, especially the pensive way Leila is smiling as if to wonder what the heck is he doing?

I love it. I think it shows how each stage of our lives hold exquisite memories. This was the beginning of my life as a single parent. What I would change knowing what I know now. But it was a fantastic ride. Both girls are grown. Next week I start flying solo as Sarah goes off to college.

Another set of memories coming round. Maybe this one will include my head.

No comments: