Avoid all fish hooks!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fifty-seven fish in my birthday bucket!

My cousin's daughter got me to thinking when she posted on Facebook the things to do before she turns forty, and so here are the things I want to do before turning fifty-seven in October:

1. Growing my fingernails and doing regular mani and pedis, as a result.
2. Losing 15 more pounds.
3. Riding bikes on Governor's Island.
4. Finishing three writing projects staring at me right now.
5. Making thousands of dollars every month from my writing.
6. Finding meeting space and attendees, each larger in size than the last.
7. Writing and publishing a Chap Book.
8. Establishing a set dinner date - once a month - with my best girlfriends and colleagues.
9. Seeing Wizard on Broadway.
10. Taking my family on a weekend trip, and paying for everything (no exceptions).
11. Getting my dang driver's license in NY.
12. Gaining an agent and publisher.
13. Accepting speaking engagements.
14. New couch.
15. Seeing my sister in Texas.
16. Having my uncle bring his grandsons to a Yankees game.
17. Christmas shopping done.
18. Debts paid off.
19. Thousands into the savings account.
20. Photography/poetry project takes off.
21. New camera and increased skills.
22. Gifting my family when they least expect it.
23. Gifting my friends when they least expect it.
24. Donating to five charities.
25. Volunteering twice a month in NYC.
26. Attending a writer's retreat.
27. Receiving a fellowship for next year.
28. Painting the covered patch on my ceiling.
29. Scuba diving.
 30. Active faith as the norm.
31.  Receiving signs and messages.
32. Accepting kindnesses and open hearts.
33. Being vulnerable to change.
34. Walking up to each 'lion' and watching the fear evaporate.
35. Providing invisible kindnesses.
36. Reading ten novels.
37. Recognizing when I am sabotaging or fearing.
38. Putting a fern in the corner of my bedroom.
39. Painting my kitchen cabinets.
40. Revarnishing my wood floors.
41.Using a hula hoop like a master.
42. Traveling Upstate for a day, just slipping away.
43. Eyeballing wherever Divine Intelligence points me.
44. Learning to knit rather than playing Angry Birds.
45. Framing 20 family photos.
46. Sending prayerful blessings to my extended family multiple times a day.
47. More cardio. Less potato couching.
48. Elder Campfire finding a beautiful home.
49. Completing five of the fictional stories dancing in my head.
50. Making contact with Ed's sister.
51. Slipping away to Coney Island and walking on the beach ten times.
52. Taking an August vacation with my family.
53. Building an altar in my apartment.
54. Writing onto a rolling gratitude list.
55. Toasting my enemies.
56. Singing praises to my allies.
57. Being a better Mom.

and one to grow on:

Letting my magical child run free!

I am printing mine out, taping them on my door and crossing them off, one at a beautiful time! What are yours?
Girl put your records on.... 




No comments: